Saturday, August 4, 2012

Week seven - Almost done

This week has been a rough one in Amsterdam, not just with the weather.  My week started out with a horrible migraine that had me missing a few days of class.  But it was all stuff we had visited before so I don't think I missed much.

On Thursday we went to Haarlem again to visit an exhibit called "To the Sea".  Kind of boring because we had seen it before.

On Friday we went back to the Hague and visited the same museum we went to last time.  Thank god we did because there was some amazing contemporary art there that I didn't get a chance to see last time.

Plus I really wanted to see this bed again.  (That's Anna in the dark)

At this point I am getting a little sick of Amsterdam.  (Things I never thought I would say.)  We have been here for seven weeks now and I feel like I live here, but not completely.  I am really looking forward to going to Belgium on Friday.  A change of pace will be nice.  I am also looking forward to coming back to America.  I think I'm going to sleep for days.  Then I am going to go to Outback Steakhouse and fill up on free bread before a huge meal and get unlimited free refills on my Coke.

 The Hague is right by the ocean so a few of us decided we needed to hang out at the beach for awhile.

We wandered around the boardwalk for awhile before stopping to get some amazing fish and chips.  Because what else do you get at the beach?

This is Allison and Anna with a very sad statue.

While we were eating a tiny little thunderstorm rolled in and forced us inside the restaurant for awhile.  Thank god they had hot chocolate.

When the storm passed we headed down to the shore to watch the sunset.  For such a annoying week it ended pretty great.  Now I just have to crank out this paper so I can enjoy Belgium, France, and England.

No comments:

Post a Comment